Ways to Give
Volunteer Although the office staff handles the business side of things at Daystar, volunteers are essential to keep our office running. Please contact Jackie to join in! Email email@example.com or call (615)298.5353 ext. 205.
Ways you can help at Daystar...
- Help host by making snacks & straightening up the house
- Clean kitchen and bathrooms weekly
- Address envelopes for our mailers
- Assist with vehicle maintenance
- Do yard work
- Prepare food for Soup Night (September, November & February)
- Be a Soup Night Host/Hostess (September, November & February)
- Prepare food for Work Day (April)
- Drop by the art room anytime you are here...We always have odd tasks that could use your help!
The Daystar house welcomes individual volunteers, as well as families, church groups, and Sunday school classes.
We also invite you aboard our Hopetown Crew during the summer. This is a group of people specifically behind our summer sessions at Hopetown. They are there for us to call on throughout the summer as needs arise while we are away at Hopetown. They are constantly praying along with helping us problem solve when boats break down, supplies are low, and other needs arise.
Corporate and Organizational Giving
- Corporate Funding - Many companies give annually to Daystar.
- Foundation Grants - About half of Daystar's funding comes from foundations. This is a critical source of funding for Daystar. Foundations allow us to allocate funds to specific programs or operational costs.
- Matching Gift Programs - Daystar has many companies who support their employees by joining with them to support a common charitable organization through a matching gift.
- Tribute gifts - Corporations and individuals often donate money “in honor of” their clients, family and/or friends.
Individual donations are critical to our organization. We are so grateful for the many people who have trusted us to be stewards of their resources.
- One Time Gifts: Daystar has been honored by many people who have been impacted by our organization, in some way, and give a donation in return.
- Monthly Contributions: Daystar has multiple people who give on a monthly basis. These people are our sturdy foundation of support.
- Matching Gifts: When you make a gift to Daystar, we would be honored if you asked your employer to do the same. Numerous companies will even make a donation to match the number of hours volunteered at an organization.
- Tribute Gifts: We have many people who have given to Daystar in order to honor or in memory of a friend or family member. We also have individuals who give to Daystar for Christmas or birthday gifts in lieu of giving gifts to friends. Daystar, in turn, lets the friends know that a donation has been made in their honor.
- Planned Giving: We have past donors who have made gifts to Daystar's program and our endowment through wills, estates, financial and stock holdings.
- Daystar is always in need of bicycles for our summer session bike adventures and our annual Bike Thing fundraiser in the fall.
- Daystar is always in need of all things for the lake...boats, life jackets, skis, wakeboards, etc.